Saturday, December 13, 2008

I can't believe I am really doing this. When do I have time to have a "blog"? My friend Kari feels this is something I should partake it. Really? I could be watching TV. On a Saturday afternoon at 3:00 there is some good stuff on Food Network or HGTV. I could luck out and get last night's re-run of What Not To Wear. But I will go with it.

I've been fighting with my Bah Humbug attitude since Thanksgiving.

There are no lights on my house. My dear husband had plans of getting them up, but on that fateful Monday afternoon, Norm got hit in the mouth with a golf ball. Eight stitches and some bad weather later, no illumination.

No Christmas tree in my living room. We are having the age old dilema of real of artificial? Thankfully for VeVe she has made my decision, at least for this year. She is letting me borrow her little 6.5' tree. Granted, I have vaulted ceilings, but I'm too cheap to buy one before the "After Christmas" sales.

No baking has been done. With birthday parties, swim lessons, work and life in general not a goodie to be found. I guess that will help my diet!

I didn't even go to any of the Christmas festivities. No Santa visits. No Festival of Trees. No lighting of any city's trees.

I did get the Christmas cards out in record time. Right after Thanksgiving. Thanks to Jolyn and her speedy reprints. Lucky she had a picture of Tess from a previous sitting because we could not even coordinate the family picture. Sorry Holley boys, it's just Tess this year.

I will get out of my funk. It usually starts to turn around when I can spend time with my great friends. They all add so much to my life and in all different ways. I am a lucky girl!

1 comment:

Kari said...

Tee, I am so excited to be your first comment!! I am so proud of you for coming over to the dark side!! Blogging with change your life! Now if we could just get some pictures of the family on here, you will be good to go. Can't wait to see what you post next!! Until then....